Friday, July 6, 2012

And so it begins

My first blog text - ever.

This week I applied for membership for Kapsi internet-käyttäjät ry, who gave me little bit homepage space and a mysql database at my disposal. Now I'll start making my own homepage. Not the first one, but it'll be best one so far.

Someone ones told me that every programmer should make their own content management system. So that's what I'll do. I first thought of making my own framework for it too, but no. I'll use Zend Framework - which I've never used before - in order to lear it, in case i bump into it later on.

Some requirements that I set for the upcoming CMS:
* MVC architect
* Pages must have hierarchy and that hierarchy can be changed
* "Easy to use" - rather abstract requirement, but I'll give a thought to the user interface
* Theme-able - well just see how easy that'll be... I might use Smarty
* Open source - I will put all code on GitHub

We will see how much time I'm going to have on this. Being a working family man one doesn't have too much free time. But everyone should have a hobby, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment